Sunday, August 4, 2013

The Unseen Aspect


I'm excited to announce the opening of my show of figurative paintings--and a few landscapes, too--at Dowling Walsh Gallery in Rockland, ME. Please stop by if you can!

THE UNSEEN ASPECT
Opening: Friday, September 6, 5-8 p.m.
Show dates: September 6-September 30

Royalty, oil on linen, 42" x 54"

In my latest series of figurative paintings I explore themes of personal/psychological interaction and motivation. Using family members and close friends as models, or characters, I distill ideas down to their essence, creating scenes out of my imagination that appear “real,” although they have never actually happened as they are painted. Time is used fluidly. Situations that developed over many years are painted as though they are happening in a moment of time. People who lived in various time periods appear alongside each other, and a single person can appear more than once, at different ages, within a single painting.

357 Main Street
Rockland, ME 04841
207-596-0084
info@dowlingwalsh.com



2 comments:

Shirley Fachilla said...

Oh, this is so much more than a card game! What a wonderfully mysterious painting. And you are playing with such intensity.
I'm sure the show will be great.

Alexandra Tyng said...

Thanks, Shirley, and you are absolutely right, it's more than a card game. It's validating to hear from you that I've succeeded in hinting of other levels of meaning.