Sunday, January 21, 2007

Trip to Estonia


There's been a lot happening recently, and most of it relates to portraits. This fall I painted a posthumous portrait of my father, Louis Kahn, for the Union of Estonian Architects. It found a home in the Town Hall of Kuressaare, on the island of Saaremaa, Estonia, where my father spent the first five years of his life before emigrating to the U.S. The UEA hosted a symposium in Saaremaa in October, which I attended with my mother, daughter, and brother. The portrait unveiling was only a small part of this very exciting trip. You can read about it in the latest issue (Jan/Feb 2007) of the Pennsylvania Gazette, the University of Pennsylvania's alumni magazine. Here's a link to the online Gazette: http://www.upenn.edu/gazette/0107/feature1.html

No comments: